Last month, when I wrote about transitions and coping with unfamiliar seasons, my goal was to equip you through the prayer I shared, knowing that prayer is one of the God-given tools we have to navigate new seasons. But did you know that, as well as prayer, worship is another of the best ways we can shift our eyes from changing circumstances and seemingly endless unknowns, back onto God, the One who never changes?
Following last month’s prayer, this month, my heart is to equip you to worship through whatever you’re facing. Anyone who knows me knows I am passionate about worship (and singing and songwriting, as seen here!), and the inspiration for this blog post also came from a conversation a few months ago with a friend wanting to become Christian… I gave her all my worship music favourites (maybe a few too many)!
Please peruse this list of my current worship favourites at your leisure; listen, enjoy and most importantly meditate on the words of these songs. Change is guaranteed in life, but so is God’s steadfastness and His trustworthiness. I pray these songs remind you of that as they are me.
More on worship as a weapon in this video I made for you.
Enjoy, and see you in October (when I’ll be turning a year older — and hopefully wiser! 😁)
Photo: Matt Botsford
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated on my monthly posts! You can purchase your copy of my self-care poetry and affirmation collection, ‘Heart Shards and Lip Balm’, here! Thank you for your continued support. ♥️
- Whole Heart – Hillsong. Perfect for when you just need to be comforted by God’s love.
2. Who You Say I Am – Hillsong. A beautiful reminder of your identity in Christ (nothing — no change — can take that away and that means He’s got you COVERED).
3. Good Grace – Hillsong. For when you need courage, and to remember who Jesus is and that He is bigger than your circumstances (and sovereign over them).
4. Be Still – Bethel. Feeling anxious about the changes you’re facing? This one is for you. Be anxious for nothing, but in alll things through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving make your requests known to God. And His peace, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6).
5. It is Well – Bethel. Change and transitions happen, but God is working through them all and there’s nothing He hasn’t seen before. Take courage, and know that everything is working together for your good.
6. Pieces – Steffany Gretzinger and Amanda Cook. A reminder of God’s heart towards you, especially if you’re struggling with trusting Him.